What You Need to Know Before You Start
The most important thing to know before starting to play casino games is that you will lose sooner or later. These games have rules that favour the casino, not you. Sure, you will win one or two rounds. You may even hit the jackpot. It is all luck. However, if you continue to play after making a profit, you can be sure that you will lose it in the long run. So this is our most important advice to you: If you win a casino game and make a profit, move away from the table. Call it a night. Do not think that “your luck has turned” and keep playing.
How to Play Online Casino Games
- Craps: The game is played with to dice. You must place a bet on the “pass line” or the “do not pass line”. If the result of the first roll is 2, 3 or 12, the Pass Line loses directly. If it is 7 or 11, the pass line bets directly win. In other possibilities, the game starts with the result of the first roll. In order to win in this phase, the incoming number must be rolled again before rolling a 7. In "Do not Pass Line" bets, everything is the opposite of Pass Line bets.
- Online Baccarat: The game is played against a single dealer. The rules vary according to the variant, but the general goal is to reach a total of 9 points. Each card has a point value: 10 and picture cards are worth 0 points. All other cards are worth their face values. Aces are worth 1 point. The dealer deals the cards, and the player closest to 9 points wins.
- Pai Gow Poker Online: Seven cards are dealt each round and players try to create the best possible poker hands with their cards. However, unlike classic poker, each player creates two hands, one contains 5 cards and the other 2. Both hands must be the best poker hand available, according to the classic poker hand rankings.
- Online Video Poker: Classic stud poker rules apply. At each round, the player gets 5 cards. He has the option to “hold” some of them and “discard” the others. It is possible to discard all of the cards if this is the wish of the player. The second dealing is the last. If the player manages to create a legal poker hand with the last dealing, he gets paid according to the paytable. The card hierarchy is the same as classic poker hand rankings.
- Caribbean Stud Poker: This game is played against a dealer, instead of players playing against each other. It is actually 5 card stud poker, so the rules of online video poker games apply here too. To win the game, you must have a higher hand than the dealer. The payouts can be as high as 100 to 1. This is the “live dealer” version of online video poker: Instead of playing against a computer, you play against a real person.
- Slots Online: The goal is to place the same symbols on a pay line, by spinning the reels. Each symbol set has a different payout value. Some symbols can even trigger a jackpot prize. The pay lines are real lines, which connect both sides of the reels.
- Blackjack Online: Just like baccarat, every card has a point value: Aces are worth 1 or 11, picture cards worth 10, and all other cards are worth their face value. The game is played against a dealer, and the goal is to reach 21 points (or a point higher than the dealer). Surpassing 21 points will result with a loss. Players are free to get as many cards as they want, as long as they do not surpass 21 points. “Hit” means asking for a new card. “Stand” means no more cards are needed.
- Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker: This is a “community” poker. Card rankings are the same, and each player gets 2 cards. However, there are also 5 cards over the table, which can be used by any player. The goal is to create the best possible poker hand by using a combination of 2 cards and the community cards. A round lasts until two players remain and this phase is called “showdown”. The pot can reach very high amounts during this phase.
- Scratch Card: You scratch a card (literally), and if you find three of the same symbols, you get a prize according to the paytable. To be honest, this is the only rule you need to know: Find the same symbols (minimum three) and win a prize.
- Roulette Online: The dealer throws a ball onto a spinning wheel, and the players try to guess the outcome. The wheel has 37 numbers in total (may change according to the variant) and it is possible to place a lot of bets. You can bet on a single number, a range of numbers, colours, and even whether the outcome will be an odd or even number. Every bet option offers a different payout.
- Bingo: In the classic version, players get a 5x5 ticket that contains 25 numbers on it. Each column on the ticket has a letter. From left to right, they are labelled as B, I, N, G, and O. The dealer draws random numbers. The players marked the numbers drawn, and the first player that manages to form “BINGO” wins the round.
- Sic Bo: This is a combination of dice and dominoes. The sic bo table has several betting options, like roulette. Players place a bet on any outcome. The dealer shakes a chest that contains a dice and reveals the outcome. The players who guessed the result right get paid according to the paytable.
- Keno Online: This is actually a classic lottery game. Players choose numbers between 1 and 80. 20 numbers are drawn and the player who guesses the most numbers correctly wins. Usually, it is required to guess at least 10 numbers right.
Casino Rules You Should Follow
- Don’t talk with the dealer. They are doing a job and talking to you is not part of the service. This is considered rude especially if there are other players at the table. A dealer must be focused on the game and the table, he is not there for chit chat.
- Tip the dealer. Giving a tip to the dealer after winning a game/round is expected. This is their main income, actually.
- Do not distract other players. You can watch the games, but you should not talk to the gamblers. Once again, they must be focused on the game, not you. Do not distract them.
- Wait your turn. Be respectful to other players and do not place bets before it’s your turn. This is considered a very rude behaviour.
Online Casino Games FAQs
How to win at the casino? This question has no real answer. Casinos are there to make money, and the odds are in their favour in the long run. So even if you win, you will lose in the long run. If there was a way to “win at the casino”, do you think it would stay a secret? The only thing you can do is to increase the odds of winning, which we explained earlier. But even with the best odds, you will lose if you keep playing sooner or later. So, the best advice we can give you is moving away from the table and stop gambling once you make a profit. Are online casino games legit? All online casino games are legit. However, the casino that is offering them may not be legit. Check if the casino has a license or not, such as MGA (Malta Gambling Authority) and UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission). If it has a license, then the games are legit too. How to beat the casino? You cannot beat the casino. This is impossible for so many reasons. There is no “trick” to beat casinos. For a long answer, please see question number one. Do I have to play online casino games with real money? No, you can choose to play the free versions too. These versions use the same rules and offer the same chances of winning. The only thing different is the balance: Free online casino games use a “virtual” balance. Other than that, there is no difference. In fact, we recommend you to play the free versions first to see if a game is suited for you or not. You can use our website to do that. How much do casino dealers make? Starting salary is around 11 USD per hour. An experienced dealer can win up to 14 USD per hour. According to the official statistics, a casino dealer wins 24.700 USD per year on average. This may seem like a low figure, and it really is. However, do not forget that “tips” are not included in these numbers. Dealers get tipped a lot and sometimes win their yearly income in one night. So their actual income is much more than 24.700 USD. Which casino games have the best odds? Blackjack offers the best odds. The house edge of a classic blackjack game is less than 1%. In theory, it is possible to win every blackjack game as long as you can count all the cards. Video poker games offer the second best odds. And the worst odds are in Keno games: The house edge may be as high as 27% in these games.